5 – 25 KM SUPERHERO FAMILY RIVER RIDE/WALK
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Distance: 5 – 25 KM
The Superhero River route caters for people of all ages and abilities; riders, walkers even
mobility scooters. If you would like to be part of the LHCC Event but not comfortable with vehicle
traffic, this is the ride for you.
• meandering paved paths along the banks of the shady Murray River, all off-road,
• lead Cycle marshal and a Tail Cycle marshal escorts,
• “Rider Reviver Stop” at Gateway Village, providing water, fruit and toilets,
• a couple of inclines to wake up your legs and lungs (longer distance option only)#
# Flexible shorter options along the same route available on the day with “turn around markers”
located for 2km, 5km and 15km length routes (see “Superheroes Shorter Rides”). As an out and
back ride, turn around at whatever time suits. Enjoy meandering along the banks of the shady
Murray for as long or short a time as you wish.
• Best Superhero costume prizes to participants .
• First 100 Children to Enter Online prior to the event day will receive a 2020 Medallion on
return to the Finish line at Belvoir Park.
Leave Belvoir Park lake and cross the Wodonga Creek Cable Bridge at the Stockies. Follow the
paved path across Lincoln Causeway to Flanagan’s Creek then onto the majestic Murray River
around to the Gateway Island complex (Rider Reviver stop, purple dot on map).
Continue along the path crossing Union Bridge over the Murray River into NSW. Continue
through Norieul Park past the Swimming Pool and over the Barnawartha Creek Bridge. Now for
the only real climb of the day up into Padman-Mates Park to the 25 km turnaround point at
Horse Shoe Lagoon. (blue dot on Map)
Return home upstream along the Murray River along the same shady meandering route.
We encourage all riders to join the festivities at the Chill Zone at the Wodonga Racecourse
afterwards. So, head to the “CHILL ZONE” to revive and refresh with family and friends and tell
them about the fantastic ride you have just completed.
And for the greatest of causes …. the ALBURY WODONGA REGIONAL CANCER CENTRE and
the Border Trust.
Download files for your GPS device