The Johnsons MME Lake Hume Cycle Challenge is organised and run entirely by volunteers, primarily from the Rotary Club of Bellbridge-Lake Hume. It is the result of these volunteers’ support, along with our valued sponsors, that such a quality event can be provided at minimal cost to the riders and donate substantial funds to worthy local causes.
The event has grown dramatically in the last few years and now takes an enormous effort to organise and run. If you are interested in joining our organising committee which requires attending regular meetings and performing duties prior to the event, please contact Ian Moffat on CLICK TO CALL 0412 890 742.
If you can spare a few hours to be an ‘on the day’ volunteer on Saturday February 24, please also contact Ian on the number listed above.
Some ‘on the day’ tasks include:
· checking in riders,
· handing out watermelon/lollies at the Rider Reviver stops,
· being a Safety Marshall along the bike routes,
· being a “smiley” face (cheering riders home and directing riders to the right locations)
· watching over the bike rack area
· setting up and packing down our CHILL Zone.
What we give you:
· Insurance cover,
· A briefing on your role and responsibilities,
· Appropriate equipment and sunscreen,
· A BIG thank you,
· A feeling of satisfaction for helping make a great day and raising $$ for needy causes.