The Lake Hume Cycle Challenge is organised and run by volunteers. It is the result of these volunteers’ support, and our Sponsors, that such a quality Event can be provided at minimal cost to the riders and donate substantial funds to needy worthy causes.
The Lake Hume Cycle Challenge has grown dramatically in the last few years and now takes an enormous effort to organise and run. This is only possible because of a core of dedicated and hard-working individuals and generous help of an increasing large team of “On the day” volunteers.
Volunteering for the LHCC has plenty of benefits; learning new skills, using old skills, meeting new people and the joy in achieving success as a part of a Team. There are a wide variety of volunteer roles available throughout the planning stage, in the week before the Event and “On the day”. Roles include general admin, social media, promotion; and “On the Day”, at the start/finish as well as along the bike routes.
We would love the assistance of cycle minded people with skills and interest in social media.
Some “On the Day” tasks include:
- checking in riders,
- handing out watermelon/lollies at the Rider Reviver stops,
- being a Safety Marshal along the bike routes,
- a “smiley” face (cheering riders home, customer service, general “local info” guide),
- watching over the bike rack area, and
- many more.
What we give you:
- Insurance cover,
- A briefing on your role and responsibilities,
- Appropriate equipment and sunscreen,
- An invitation to our “Volunteers and Sponsors post Event Bar B Q,
- A BIG thank you,
- A feeling of satisfaction for helping make a great day and raising $$ for needy causes.