Welcome to LHCC Event
25th February 2017
The Lake Hume Cycle Challenge offers 5 fantastic rides; 3 through the picturesque rolling hills and valleys around Lake Hume, and 2 around town and the riverside parkland of Albury-Wodonga. Distance options are 5 km, 10 km, 25 km, 44 km, 90 km and 143 km. Riders and supporters can mix post ride in the friendly picnic atmosphere of the “CHILLZone”, a new feature of the Event.
This quality cycle event provides great cycling, country hospitality and raises funds to provide local supportive care for people living with cancer. Albury-Wodonga and surrounds provide a huge variety of post ride attractions including wineries, clubs, markets, restaurants and relaxing coffee shops; and scenic drives in the Upper Murray, to name a few. Rides offer:
- Spectacular rural and natural scenery around Lake Hume/Kiewa Valley
- Sealed country roads, front and rear escorts, first aid
- All rides have same start-finish point adjacent the Murray River, Albury
- En-route refreshment at the Rider Reviver stops
- Free entry to the shady riverside “CHILLZone”.
The LHCC allows bike riders of varying level of fitness, ages and ability to safely experience the wonderful scenery of the Lake Hume and Albury-Wodonga area, then mix socially at the shady riverside “CHILLZone” on their return. There is a generous time limit. It’s a charity fun ride so no times are recorded. Quality showers/change rooms area in the nearby amenities block.
Participants in the road rides are required to be 12 years or older. The Riverside ride is free for 12 years and younger if accompanied by a registered adult.
Online registrations close 3pm Friday 24th February 2017.
All road rides are online registration only.
WHICH EVENT ARE YOU ENTERING?
Whether you’re riding in our Event, riding with some mates for the coffee at the end or just with family; we recommend joining your lead State Cycle organisation. Membership of Bicycle NSW and Bicycle Network (Victoria) will give you peace of mind with Personal Accident and Third Party Liability insurance while riding not just on event day – but 24/7, anywhere in the world.
It is cost effective, and more so, with
- Bicycle Network (Vic) offering a 15% membership discount for Lake Hume Cycle Challenge riders; simply enter coupon code “LHCC” when signing (click below). and
- Bicycle NSW offering a free 3 months trial membership (click below). The coupon code to activate membership is lakehumeride and use that in the cart when checking out